Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Visit to the Arboretum

"You mean we have to stop for a picture?!"
"Just my size, Mom!"


"Rolling down the hill, trying not to break anything!"



Lucy, Emma, Sophie, and Landon amongst the Crocus'


We had one really nice day last week, I believe the temperature actually made it past 70 degrees. Jeremy and I decided to grab the kids off the bus and head to the Arboretum. There was not much in bloom yet, just bulbs. Emma, Lucy, and our friend Landon had a great time exploring and rolling down hills anyway. They each came away with a few grass stained knees! The most amusing part of our adventure was on the drive home. Landon and Emma were reading an animal encyclopedia. Lucy was visiting with them and Sophie was sucking on her feet when all of a sudden Emma starts screaming. Not just screaming, I might add! I looked back and she was completely frozen, tears rolling down her face as she's yelling..."There's a spider crawling up my leg!" Needless to say we had to pull over so I could get out and kill it. Landon and Lucy were laughing. After I disposed of the critter, we realized that it was actually a tick! Yuck! It really was quite comical though. We were like something out of a movie. She obviously takes after her mother in regards to her dislike of spiders and other creepy crawlies! All in all, we had a great time. We promised them all we'd do it again in a month or so when there will be much more blooming!

No comments: