Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lucy's First Day of Kindergarten


My Big Girl on her Big Day!


Second seat on the bus...waving to Sophie!


Wow! I can't believe my "middle" baby is off to Kindergarten today. I think she must have asked me every five minutes from the moment she woke up this morning when it would be time to get on the bus. Only a tiny bit excited, that one! She told me a few days ago that she needed to bring her teacher an apple on the first day. I asked her why she thought that. "Well, I saw it in a book mom", was her reply. She was all smiles when I put her on the bus. As the bus was driving away, Sophie's little lip came out and she said, "I don't want Lucy to ride the bus Mommy!" While I was reading to her before her nap she looked up at me and asked where everyone was...daddy, Lucy, and Emma. The answer was always the same...school, of course! Jeremy rushed home from school a bit early in order to meet Lucy at the bus on her first day of school, however he didn't need to be in such a rush because the bus was about 25 minutes late. Typical when you have to get that many kindergarteners on so many different buses. She is also the very last stop. She told us that it was a long ride and she was "cookin'" on the bus. We'll hope for cooler weather tomorrow. School was great, and she was ever so excited for that root beer float tonight!

No comments: